Kerosene explosion in Port Harcourt on Thursday evening killed two persons and property worth millions of naira were also destroyed.
It was gathered that the explosion was caused by suspected adulterated kerosene used in a stove.
The incident was said to have caused a wild fire at a makeshift apartment on Road 1, Orazi in Mile 4 area of Port Harcourt, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State.
A source, who witnessed the tragic incident and a relative of the victims, Emmanuel Udom, explained that the fire started from a stove, which was used in cooking.
Udom noted that one of the victims was trying to refill the stove which was used for the cooking before it exploded.
However, the source stated that the delay in the arrival of fire fighters and police worsened the situation.
Udom noted that it remained a miracle that the casualty figure did not exceed two, pointing out that the occupants were simply thrown into confusion during the fire outbreak.
He appealed to the State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, and the National Emergency Management Agency to come to the aid of the victims.